ZOO 2 – MAIN INSTALLER – DOWNLOAD 2.4.2
1. Download/Unzip the install folder. Do not drag-install from the zip.
2. Find “dragdropinstall.py” & drag/drop it into Maya’s main window.
3. A UI will appear. Use the default folder settings.
4. Press Install/Upgrade Zoo Tools Pro. Check the success message.
5. Restart Maya , the ZooToolsPro shelf will appear.
ASSETS & PRESETS – DOWNLOAD 2.6.1
1. Download the Assets/Presets zip.
2. In Maya find your zoo_preferences folder with the Zoo Preferences Window.
3. Unzip the files into zoo_preferences/assets, you can replace existing assets.
4. Refresh or open the Zoo Browsers to see the Assets/Presets.
TROUBLESHOOTING – CHECKLIST
ABOUT – INFORMATION
Welcome to the installer page for Zoo Tools Pro 2. Please scroll down for all video tutorials.
SUPPORTED VERSIONS AND OS
Zoo2 is supported in Maya 2017 – 2020 on the commercial, indie, and educational versions on Windows, OSX, and Linux (Centos).
Maya LT will not be supported due to its python limitations.
ISSUES AND FIXES
Issue 1 – Maya 2020 Docking
We have a docking fatal error related to Maya 2020. Windows docked to the Outliner or Attribute Editor areas will crash Maya. Instead you can dock beside these areas. We are re-writing our backend code to adapt to backend Maya 2020 changes.
For other known problems and fixes see the Known Issues Page for all known issues.
SHOULD I USE ZOO 1 OR ZOO 2
We are upgrading Zoo 2 from Zoo 1 and we are in the process of porting all the tools across.
Many new tools only exist in Zoo 2.
Versions 1 and 2 won’t run together. You must switch between versions by using the instructions in Video 4.2 and Video 4.3 (below).
Most tutorials on the site have been created with Zoo Tools version 1, and if you need to follow those tutorials closely you should still use Version 1 .
Zoo 2 is a comprehensive upgrade, with new UIs backend and functionality.
New features in Zoo 2
– New Look GUI
– Toolsets GUI, Mix/drag/drop/UIs
– Upgraded Thumbnail Browsers
– Screen-grab Icons and Image Planes
– Upgraded Lighting Suite
– Upgraded Shader Tools
– New Shader Manager, Shader Presets
– New Renamer and Utility Tools
– New Manual Rig and Spline Tools
– New UV Tools
– New Modeling Tools
– New Image Plane Browser
– Upgraded Camera Tools
– Upgraded Control Curve Browser
– Upgraded Joint Tools
– New Color Wires and Outliner Names
– NCloth Tool
– Other new miscellaneous tools
– New Marking Menus
– Upgraded Zoo Preferences Window
– Upgraded Hotkey Manager
– Dynamic Shelves
– Complete backend rewrite
– PySide Framework
– Python Package Manager
– Conflicts Removed (Anim Bot)
– Clean Installer
Planned Roadmap for Zoo 2
– New Autorigger (Hive)
– Assets support .MA files
– Shader export supports textures
– Texture Support in the Shader Manager
– Texture Browser and tools
– More Modeling/Camera Tools
– Selection Set Manager and Marking Menu
– Right Click Triggers
– Assorted Animation Tools
– Skin Numerical Weight Editor
– VRay Support
– Animation Library
– Animation Tools
– Assorted Community Script Functionality
… and much more
The Zoo 2 Information Page is the main help page for Zoo tools Pro.
You can also find helps from inside Maya on the Zoo Shelf. Zoo Shelf > Help (Purple Question Mark Icon)
Or use the `question mark` icon on each Tool to go directly to it’s tutorial page.