SHADER MANAGER – OVERVIEW
Shader Manager is a compact UI that helps to create, change, copy and reassign shaders without the need of the Hypershade window.
Intuitively change and reassign shader properties by clicking on objects, renderer types are automatically handled, easily search, reassign and copy/paste.
This is a multi-renderer UI, where presets can be applied/transferred to all of our supported shader types.
Supported Shader Types:
Maya – lambert
Maya – blinn
Maya – phong
Maya – phongE
Maya – standardSurface (2020 +)
Arnold – aiStandardSurface
VRay – VRayMtl
Redshift – redshiftMaterial
Renderman – pxrSurface
Supported attributes (and similar):
– diffuse weight
– specular weight
– specular roughness/glossiness
– specular IOR
– clear cloat weight
– clear coat color
– clear coat roughness/glossiness
– clear coat IOR
– emission weight (self illumination)
Maya’s Hypershade window is slow and complicated for simple tasks such as creating/assigning/copying/tweaking shader settings.
It’s challenging to find the most common shader settings in the Attribute Editor.
Each renderer uses different UIs and attribute names for similar tasks.
The Shader Manager tool covers the most common shader related tasks in a fast, compact UI.
– Handles many shader types within the one UI.
– Instantly create and assign shaders for your renderer.
– Assign and change shader settings based on object selection.
– Tweak the most common shader settings without clutter.
– Reassign, copy/paste shader settings.
– Shader search.
– Cycle through shaders to preview looks.
– Delete Shaders
– Select objects from a shader
– Easily select shaders on objects
– Supports face assignment
– Auto detects shader type based on selection.
Shader Manager can be used in combination with the Shader Presets tool.
Convert shaders to other shader types with Convert Shaders .