DIRECTIONAL LIGHTS – OVERVIEW
The Directional Lights tool simplifies distant light creation and management.
We support Arnold, Redshift and Renderman.
This tool is commonly used in combination with the HDRI Skydome Browser tool.
Managing directional light settings in the Attribute Editor is cluttered with settings.
Each renderer uses varying terminology for the same functionality.
The Directional Lights tool simplifies, and adds the light controls into a single UI.
We’ve added workflow improvements such as,
– Place light reflections by clicking on a mesh
– Selecting/switch to different lights in your scene
– Opening Maya’s Light Editor
– Drop Light from the current camera position
– Easy color temperature controls