The Hive Quad Leg is here! This new rig part allows you to create a broader range of creatures, including horses, cats, dogs, insects, dinosaurs, mech/robots, bipedal werewolves, and more.
We’ve included a Quad Spine template to match the quad leg for horizontal spines. This template can be added to your rigs when building creatures such as dogs, horses, and cats. Full creature templates will be added soon.
Quad Leg features:
– Ankle Offset control
– Multiple knee/ankle bend directions are supported. E.g. Spider vs. Dog Legs.
– Per segment stretch
– Optional Stretchy Legs (with min/max stretchy)
– Optional Reverse Foot.
– Twists with per-joint controls (optional twist joints)
– Hip control (hidden by default)
– IK/FK Modes
– Ik/FK Space Switch Matching. Match for the current frame, timeline and bake keys.
– Two Polevectors (the second pole vector is hidden by default)
– Keyable Upper Lower Bias, which affects the distribution of angles between the three sections.
– Knee Lock where the knee will lock to the pole vector control.
– Mirror Animation support with related tools. (2.8.2A patch)
– Feet axis alignment can align to the world or on the ground with Z along oriented in the knee direction. (Align Ik End To World On/Off) (2.8.2B patch)