The Zoo Tools Shelf now has colored icons that distinguish between tools with and without UIs.
We’ve tweaked several other tools, and this version has addressed many bugs.
To keep track of our V-Ray supported tools you can see this Google Spreadsheet .
Upgrades: Hive Auto-Rigger (Alpha)
Hive Auto-Rigger now has customized space switching for any control within the rig.
Any control can space-switch-constrain to another control from the current rig, and the new space switching is supported by our right-click space-switch menus.
Spaces can also be switched for keys in the timeline, either by existing keyframes or baked every frame.
Limitations only apply while creating cycle loops which are illegal in Maya anyway.
Bug Fixes: Hive Auto-Rigger (Alpha)
The Hive Auto-Rigger has some bug fixes:
– Jaw Component has unlocked rotate all
– Eye Component has aim fixes
– Jaw Component hierarchy fixes
– Head Space attribute has been renamed from “Space” to “Head Space” will affect rebuilding rigs with existing animation.
Upgraded: HDRI Skydomes
V-Ray is now supported in HDRI Skydomes and it has had a large backend upgrade with improved support for all renderers.
We’ve also added a middle-click drag virtual slider on the icon for adjusting intensity. Middle-click drag up and down on any icon to adjust the intenstity, middle-click drag side to side and to rotate the skydome.
Upgraded: Zoo Shelf
The Zoo Tools shelf now has colored icons for Toolset tools which reflect their Toolset category , white icons represent tools with no UIs.
Upgraded: Object Cleaner
Object Cleaner now has added buttons in its advanced UI:
– Select Tris button
– Select NGons button
– Triangulate NGons button
Bug Fixes: Shader Manager
Shader Manager has had the following fixes:
– The name section in the UI now updates correctly again.
– The Paste Attrs button is fixed and works again.
– StandardSurface shaders no longer apply clear coat as grey causing incorrect shader results from presets.
– The Select Shader button select the shader even if the user is currently in component mode.
Bug Fixes: Shader Presets
Shader Presets have now fixed some color space issues regarding saving and applying presets.
The Advanced Mode in the UI has been removed, and the transfer, copy and paste buttons are now in the main section of the UI.
Bug Fixes: Spline Rig
Spline Rig now has many bug fixes:
– Duplicating Spline Rig now supports multiple meshes skinned to the rig.
– Right Click > Duplicate Spline Rig is now working in 2022 and 2023
– Spline Rig build error fixed when no name is set.
– Space Switching is fixed for the spline spine mode.
Bug Fixes: Scene Light Presets (Shelf Defaults)
While creating scene light/studio cyc setups from the Asset Tools (Shelf Button), the presets no longer error if the Maya renderer is set. Instead it will ignore the Maya setting and attempt to create lights in the Arnold renderer.
Bug Fixes: Zoo Tools Stylesheet Colors
Zoo Tools has has many fixes to its Style Sheet Colors.
Bug Fixes: Installer
– Hive Auto-Rigger loads correctly on the first time install in Maya 2022 and 2023 and is no longer blank.
– Zoo Tools now installs correctly when developers have modified logging overrides.
– Installer windows no longer hide behind the Zoo UIs and will always show on top of the UI.
Buy Zoo Tools.
To see all tools go to the Zoo 2 Information Page.
Registered users can download and upgrade from the Zoo 2 Install Page.