Zoo Tools Pro 2.6.8 is here with full support for Maya 2023. This version has had Hive upgrades and many bug fixes. New Hive templates are compatible with our latest Hive rigs and support for our recently upgraded assets pack .
Overall version 2.6.8 has had a focus on stability with many bug fixes.
Official Support for Maya 2023
Maya 2023 was already working with previous versions of Zoo Tools Pro; this version fixed a bug where our preferences were installing to the wrong location.
Upgraded Maya Scenes and Maya Shader Assets
There has been a large upgrade to our Maya Scenes and Maya Shaders asset pack. For more information and images see this page . Download the new assets from the Install Page .
Upgrades: Hive Auto-Rigger
Hive Auto-Rigger (alpha) has had updates and is more stable with many bug fixes. We are approaching the end of the alpha stage and will be in beta soon.
– Natalie Template: Upgraded to include toes and short hair/fringe controls.
– Robot Template: Upgraded to have shorter arms to match the official asset.
– Studio Library: Added controlPanel nodes to selection sets for Studio Library compatibility.
– Added: Control names no longer have namespaces for better support with Studio Library and other animation tools.
– Added: Maya 2023 support/fixes
– Added: Control Display Layers no longer show for playback by default.
– Added: Twist controls are no longer locked and can be translated.
– Added: Build Scripts fully tested
– Added: Developer Upgrade Hive rigs in standalone/headless Maya.
– Added: Natalie Buildscript added example with Natalie Rig.
Bug Fixes: Hive Auto-Rigger
– Bug Fix: Hive no longer crashes OSX while building the rig.
– Bug Fix: Toe pivot control mirrors correctly again.
– Bug Fix: Force Uniform Scale no longer reports cycle messages.
– Bug Fix: Ik Stretch is working on right-hand components again.
– Bug Fix: Baking IK and space switching includes the last keyframe.
– Bug Fix: Quat Nodes plugin is automatically loaded while building Hive rigs.
– Bug Fix: Ik/FK and space switching overrides keyframes on switch attributes.
– Bug Fix: Twist deform joints are correctly added to selection sets.
Upgraded: Fix Viewport
Fix Viewport Is better calibrated to Maya’s viewport for standardSurface and Arnold shaders.
Upgraded: Replace Joint Weights
The Replace Joint Weights tool for transfering skinning between joints has a new button Replace Selected Joints, so you no longer need to suffix or prefix joint names.
The Zoo Installer now automatically opens our quick start page in a web browser.
Bug Fix: Spline Rig
Assorted Spline Rig bugs and stability issues have been addressed.
Bug Fix: Multi-Folder
Tooltips show correctly on browser multi-folder windows.
Developer: Headless/Standalone Maya
Zoo Tools Pro is now fully compatible with Standalone Maya run from the command line.
Buy Zoo Tools.
To see all tools go to the Zoo 2 Information Page.
Subscribers can download from the Zoo 2 Install Page.