Organise large asset libraries in the latest version of Zoo Tools. We’ve added tree-view categories for all image browsers so you can group, and manage complex folder hierarchies for all asset browsers.
This version also comes with other enhancements, new Hive Auto-Rigger templates and it focuses on stability with many bug fixes.
Manually upgrade your hotkeys with:
Zoo Preferences (cog icon) > Zoo Hotkey Editor > Update Zoo Hotkeys
Enhancements: Tree-View Category Support For Image Browsers
In this version we’ve added improved support for large asset libraries with the addition of Categories to all Image-Browsers.
Categories enable groups of nested folders in each browser.
The folder-tree can be modified, renamed and rearranged without affecting the original directory structure on disk.
– Template Improvements: New Zoo Mannequin biped template added.
– Template Improvements: Biped and Natalie templates fingers have been scaled correctly with zeroed rotations.
– New Arm Templates: Added three new arm templates with three fingers and variants without metacarpal finger joints.
Enhancements: Un-instance Selected
Un-instance Selected now supports un-instancing Zoo Mirrored Setups nested inside deep hierarchies.
– Renderer > All section has been added to show all available thumbnail image items in the current location.
– Renderer > Maya renderer now filters out thumbnails with renderer or shader suffixing in other renderers.
– Image items suffixed with _maya or shaders such as _STRD _BLNN _LMBT will be hidden while in other renderers.
Enhancements: Reset Zoo Windows
Reset Zoo Windows this will reset windows when they are lost on other windows or while changing monitor resolution; this function has been added to ZooToolsPro (shelf) > Utilities (icon) > Reset All Zoo Windows.
Enhancements: Load VRay
The menu item Load VRay has been added under Renderers.
Bug Fixes: Hive
– The FBX Export Tool will auto-load Maya’s FBX plugin if it is not loaded by default.
– Foot Pivots: Anim attributes now take auto-align into consideration
Bug Fix: Snap Shot Replace
Snap Shot Replace is working again for the .MA/.MB image browsers.
Snap Shot Replace is working correctly in Maya 2020.
Snap Shot Replace can snapshot many images in a single session, returning to previous behaviour.
Snap Shot New Image Planes is now fixed and is stable again.
Snap Shot message dialog windows have been improved and are more intuitive.
Enhancements: Open Window Hotkeys
New hotkeys for the newly added tools are available in the Zoo Hotkey Editor.
We’ve also fixed errors in existing tools due to tool name changes.
Bug Fix: Renderman
Renderman is working correctly again for all of our UIs.
Bug Fix: Shader Manager
Color Swatches in the Shader Manager now display the correct color again.
Bug Fix: VRay Shader Manager
V-Ray renderers are no longer restarted while moving the cursor into the Shader Manager.
Bug Fix: Scenes Browser (.MA/.MB)
Files can be saved with the same name, now with warnings that the file will be overwritten.
Bug Fix: Shader Presets (.MA/.MB)
– Selected shaders can be exported without being attached to a shadingGroup.
– Importing shaders no longer leaves behind a Z: namespace.
– “not .ma or .mb” Warning has been removed while saving shaders that should not have displayed.
Bug Fix: Load Arnold
Renderer > Load Arnold is working again.
Buy Zoo Tools.
To see all tools go to the Zoo 2 Information Page.
Registered users can download from the Zoo 2 Install Page.