Zoo Tools 2.6.2 is out and Hive Auto-Rigger (Alpha) has been upgraded now supporting symmetry changes on skinned meshes and more. We have two new tools Convert Shaders with Arnold, VRay, Redshift and Renderman support and the Rigging Miscellaneous tool with some nice rigging features.
The new tool Convert Shaders converts shaders between Maya’s default, Arnold, VRay, Redshift, and Renderman shaders. Textures are not yet supported.
Rigging Miscellaneous has new functions for marking component center pivots which aids in snapping joint and guide pivot placements, button for toggling selection highlighting and baking namespaces for game engine export.
Maya Shaders has had a fix and now imports shaders correctly with nothing selected. Shaders can be saved without being attached to geometry.
New Tool – Convert Shaders
The new tool Convert Shaders converts shaders between Maya’s default, Arnold, VRay, Redshift, and Renderman shaders. Textures are not yet supported and is is planned.
Shader support includes:
– Maya – standardSurface
– Maya – lambert
– Maya – blinn
– Maya – phong
– Maya – phongE
– Arnold – aiStandardSurface
– VRay – VRayMtl
– Redshift – redshiftMaterial
– Renderman – pxrSurface
Supported attributes will be converted and their related types:
– diffuse weight
– specular weight
– specular roughness/glossiness
– specular IOR
– clear coat color
– clear cloat weight
– clear coat roughness/glossiness
– clear coat IOR
– emission (self illumination)
– emission weight
Support for refraction and sub-surface is coming soon.
Enhancement – Hive Auto-rigger (Alpha)
Hive (Alpha) has new features and fixes.
– Mirrored components (rig parts) on skinned meshes by matching symmetrical pivots and controls.
– Duplicate a component (rig part) will duplicate children.
– Switching modes to Rig or Polish, will automatically turn off Preserve Children.
– Mirror component when a mirror already exists is handled correctly.
– Templates respect visibility settings
– The God component can be moved away from world zero.
– The Foot Break attribute on ik legs defaults to 40 when reset.
– Delete keys on the ik control no longer deletes the settings_controlPanel node.
New Tool – Rigging Miscellaneous
Rigging Miscellaneous is a new tool with assorted rigging buttons.
– Buttons for marking component center pivots to aid in snapping joint and guide pivot placements.
– Buttons for toggling selection highlighting settings.
– Button for baking namespaces for game engine export.
Bug Fix – Maya Shaders
Maya Shaders now imports shaders correctly with nothing selected. Also selected shaders can be saved without being attached to geometry.
To see all tools go to the Zoo 2 Information Page.
Registered users can download from the Zoo 2 Install Page.