The following is our Zoo Tools Pro Software License Agreement that is included with the software.
This is a legal agreement between you and Zoo Tools Pro authors David Sparrow and Andrew Silke covering your use of Zoo Tools Pro (the “Software”).
1a) The Zoo Tools Pro license(s), is only available to users who have purchased Zoo Tools Pro. Zoo Tools Pro hereby grants to you a perpetual, worldwide, fully paid-up, non-exclusive license to use the Software solely for your internal business purposes in regards to the amount of per seat licenses you have bought. Each individual Zoo Tools Pro purchase covers only one seat per company unless otherwise documented.
Artwork and rigs created with Zoo Tools Pro’s tools can be distributed to other parties including scene Maya files (.ma/.mb) without restrictions.
Included assets and presets each have individual licenses and are not covered under this agreement. License information for each asset can be found inside its browser. (see below). Zoo Tools code must not be transferred/redistributed unless covered by a designated open-source MIT licenses (see below).
If you are using Zoo Tools Pro in a company you must have licenses for each individual user (Per seat licensing) using the software.
1b) Zoo Tools Pro has no expiry but cannot be updated without a current create3dcharacters.com active site membership or extra payment.
2) Zoo Tools Pro Software is owned by David Sparrow and Andrew Silke and is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Therefore, you must treat the Software like any other copyrighted material.
3) You may not distribute, rent, sub-license or otherwise make available to others the Software or documentation or copies thereof, except as expressly permitted in this License without prior written consent from Zoo Tools Pro authors David Sparrow and Andrew Silke. In the case of an authorized transfer, the transferee must agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this License Agreement.
4) You may not remove any proprietary notices, labels, trademarks on the Software or documentation. You may not modify, de-compile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Software.
5) Limited warranty: Zoo Tools Pro software and documentation are “as is” without any warranty as to their performance, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. The licensee assumes the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the software. In no event shall Zoo Tools Pro author or anyone else who has been involved in the creation, development, production, or delivery of this software be liable for any direct, incidental or consequential damages, such as, but not limited to, loss of anticipated profits, benefits, use, or data resulting from the use of this software, or arising out of any breach of warranty.
6 ) Some portions of code inside Zoo Tools Pro falls under an open-source MIT license. The code is found inside packages\third_party_community\zoo\libs
– Place Reflection – Website ( MIT License )
– Lock Normals to HS – Website ( MIT License )
*The accompanying open source scripts can be removed from Zoo Tools Pro and only minor features will be affected.
Copyright (C) 2017-2023 Zoo Tools Pro
All rights reserved.
Each Assets/Preset included with our tools comes with its own license. Asset licenses range from “educational only do not distribute” to “full public domain CCO”.
You can find the license for each asset in its tool browser. Click on the asset thumbnail inside a browser, then the info icon (i) for specific license information per asset/preset.